Why you should get sports massage
Massage can help your sporting career and achieve fitness goals. Here are 10 reasons why sports massage is great for sport:
- Sports Massage increases range of motion, thus giving you a longer stride and more fluid movement.
- Helps shorten recovery time between workouts. Waste products such as lactic and carbonic acid build up in muscles after exercise. Increased circulation to these muscles helps to eliminate toxic debris and shorten recovery time.
- Improved circulation and general nutrition of muscles. Massage maximizes the supply of nutrients and oxygen though increased blood flow, which helps the body rebuild itself.
- Sports Massage reduces the risk of injury during preparation, stretching and your work out.
- Often the strokes involved in sports massage are performed towards the heart, thereby increasing lymphatic and blood flow, meaning that oxygen is being pumped around the body more efficiently.
- Sports Massage decreases stiffness and tension in the muscles, giving you a more fluid stride!
- Sports Massage decreases the likeliness of muscle spasms, scar tissue formation and musculoskeletal problems to occur.
- Sports Massage has psychological benefits including reducing stress levels, increasing mind-body connection and mental alertness.
- Sports massage can also help you with posture or correct body position for your run or chosen sport!
- Massage can stretch tissues that could not be stretched in the usual methods. Bundles of muscle fibres are stretched lengthwise as well as sideways. Massage can also stretch the sheath or fascia that surrounds the muscle, so releasing any tension or pressure build up.